Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Code Names



            After my last blog post, I realized that you know next to nothing about me. Well, other than the fact that I have no one to confide in and that my mom’s dead. So this post will be more of one of the ice-breaker types that everyone hates doing.

I’m 30 years old. I just had the big three-oh a few weeks ago. I work as a lawyer at my father’s company, but that’s too boring to talk about. If I had as much talent as I wished, I’d be writing and performing songs. But all of the songs I write suck, and my voice, even with lessons, has remained mediocre. I can play piano pretty well, though.

When I’m not murking through business contracts and claims or playing the piano, I like to grab a coffee and walk on the beach near my apartment to just clear my head and think. The area I live in is a mix of old people who owned their homes in the 60s before the prices skyrocketed and wealthy people like my family who came into the neighborhood when it became “fashionable.” As a result, there aren’t a lot of people my age around here. Essentially there’s me, my sisters, my brother-in-law, and a few other trust fund kids who are now busy with whatever business they’re going to inherit.

While I’m going to be talking about my life here, I also have to keep things as private as possible. No one can know who I am or who my family is, because, well, we’re kind of the 1% people hate so much. My dad inherited his business from his father, who inherited it from his father, back a few generations, and even before the business started, my family had more than enough money to spare.

With the reputation we have, my family would be furious if anyone realized who we were from this blog. All of the names I use here aren’t going to be the actual names of anyone—except for mine. They’ll all be code names, like a military operation. Just much more normal than Eagle. 

There’s my dad who…well I’ll just refer to him as my dad. Then my older sister, Eliza. My younger sister, Marie. And Marie’s husband, Charlie. And of course, my godmother Ruth. If there’s anyone else important in my life, they’ll get a code name, too. But for now, that’s enough.

I hope that information was sufficient enough. If you want to know anything else, leave a question in the comments and I’ll try my best to answer them!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Code names are a good idea! I often wonder why more people don't use them when talking about other people on the internet.

Has music always been just a hobby or did you ever try to pursue it seriously? What sort of songs do you write?

Unknown said...

Music has always been a hobby for me, even though I liked to think I could do it seriously, I realized I didn't have everything you need to really succeed. And I had different passions that I was just as happy to pursue.
I write songs with the piano, since that's my main instrument, and tend to go for more of a pop sound, like Vanessa Carlton or Sara Bareilles. My songs are mostly my thoughts and feelings about different situations, so they had a variety of subjects.

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Only Annie, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena