Monday, April 7, 2014

A letter



            Sometimes life is so beautiful, nothing can put it into words.

            Last night I was looking for some lipstick I’d misplaced and in my search, dug through the purse I’d brought to Fred’s hotel last week. In a seldom-used pocket of the purse, I found a folded-up piece of hotel stationary with “Annie” scrawled on it in handwriting all too familiar to me. This is what it said:

Annie,
            I can’t take it anymore. I have to do something—say something—right now, as I listen to this. You torture me. I’ve been torn, half-misery, half-hope. Please don’t say that I waited too long and you’re gone, because I’ve never stopped wanting you.  I am more yours now than when you broke me nearly nine years ago. How can you say that men don’t love as long as women when I’m here, still breathless with the thought of you? I have loved no one but you. I’ve been angry, jealous, inconsiderate, and weak, but never once was there anyone but you. Why else would come here, except for you? You’re the only one I think about, every plan and decision I’ve made has been for you. Haven’t you noticed this? Can’t you see it? If I’d ever known your feelings about me, I couldn’t wait a moment to share mine with you. I’m shaking so badly I can barely write. Every moment your words make me wonder and worry. You speak so quietly, but I can still make out each word. Annie, you still have faith! You believe men can be loyal! Never doubt that loyalty in me.

Fred

P.S. When you read this, let me know how you feel. One message or look will be enough for me to know if I have a chance.
.
.
.
.
            I KNOW.

            It’s been a while, but I still hyperventilate whenever I read this letter. I know he said let him know right away, and it’s already been a week so I should put him out of his misery, but I can’t give him my answer any other way but face-to-face. Thankfully, he’s coming back today. I talked to Carrie last night and she said they were planning on getting them a cab, but I volunteered to pick up Fred and Ben from the airport. We won’t be able to talk right away with Ben in the car and all, but after that we’ll have all the time we need.

            I’m still unsure of what exactly will happen, but for the first time in a very long time, I’m optimistic about things between the two of us.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck!! I hope everything works out!! You deserve be happy with Fred

Unknown said...

I'm so happy for you!! What a romantic letter!

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Only Annie, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena