Wednesday, April 16, 2014

My future career



I’ve been so caught up in the wonderful ways my life has been changing that waiting to hear back from the job wasn’t so painful, since I had other ways to occupy my time. Still, it was on my mind and I really, really hoped to get it.

            Then yesterday they called me. They said they were very impressed from my interview, but they were going with another more qualified applicant who had more experience as an attorney for children. It was terrible news, but one that I wasn’t surprised to hear. Everything they said about being under-qualified was completely legitimate. 

            At first, I was at a loss of what to do. If Fred and I hadn’t happened, I could explore other cities and see what sort of job I could get, but our relationship doesn’t really give that option now. Fred, Harvey, and Ben have decided to start up their business here, mostly because Ben wants to stay near Lucy. So if I really want to make things work with Fred, I have to stay here, too, but there don’t seem to be any jobs in what I want to do.

            I’ve been thinking this over a lot, deciding what’s more important to me: a relationship with Fred or my dream career. Eight years ago I picked careers. But now, after everything we’ve been through, nothing is more important to me than our relationship, that we’re together and both happy. I won’t give up on finding that dream job, but in the meantime, I think I’ll continue in corporate law. I can hopefully find a business that doesn’t drive me as crazy as Dad’s did. I’ll be fine enough with my job, but any dreariness from it will be made up when I’m with Fred. And I can always volunteer to work with abused children.

            It isn’t completely ideal, but life never is. But I know what will make me the happiest, and I know that will come from Fred.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Only Annie, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena