Monday, February 24, 2014

Baby, baby



            First, I have some exciting news from back home: Marie had her baby! Last Wednesday at 11:03 AM, my second nephew was born. Marie and the baby are doing wonderfully. They went home on Friday, and the strangest part of it all is that I haven’t received any frantic calls from Marie begging me to come back home to help her. When I talked to her yesterday, she said that her mother-in-law has been great about helping out and that even Hannah’s been lending a hand. In the past Marie hasn’t liked her in-laws getting involved, as she always claimed they did things the wrong way, but now she seems fine with it. Or at least, more fine than she has in the past. She still gets annoyed that her mother-in-law hand washes all of the dishes rather than just putting them in the dishwasher. But anyway, I’m glad that she’s doing well and that everyone’s healthy and happy.

            As the things up here well, I wouldn’t be surprised if Eliza had baby-making on her mind. I thought pushing herself into conversations between Will and me would be the crux of her attempts to get Will for herself, but oh no, she’s definitely moved beyond that. One night, we get a call on our house phone, which Eliza took, and then said it was for me, winking and saying, “he has a really sexy voice.” I went to get it, wondering who in the world it could be, since the only person I know to fit that description would definitely not be calling me. Upon answering, I found that no one was there. And then my theory began to form. I believe Eliza called the house phone on her cell and said it was for me just to get me away from Will. And indeed, in that time, Eliza managed to relocate somewhere else with Will. Dad and his secretary didn’t notice anything, and Ruth had already gone home. I didn’t feel like chasing after them, though. It seemed immature to, and I found I didn’t really care if I didn’t have Will right beside me then. I just thought that stunt was ridiculous.

            The night after that I found out from Will Eliza had told him I was seeing someone, and she convinced him to go into the front room and look and the art Mom had purchased for this house. I had to clear things up with will that no, I didn’t leave a boyfriend behind and yes, I am completely open. 

I just can’t believe Eliza went to full-out lying in order to keep Will and me away from each other. And very badly done, as well, since obviously I have no boyfriend and one sentence from me cleared it all up and made her look stupid.

            It’s ridiculous, because I haven’t even decided if I like Will. I mean, I like him, but I don’t know if I’m interested in that way. Sometimes I think there might be potential, but then there are these moments where I’m not as taken with him as everyone else is. If he and Eliza became involved, there might be some disappointment, but no heartbreak. 

            Still, I think that these schemes are backfiring on Eliza more than helping. Because as soon as I told Will I wasn’t dating anybody, he asked me if anyone had even been on the phone. When I told him what happened, Will said he expected as much, since why would a boyfriend call a home phone rather than a cell? He said, “I think Eliza needs to update her playbook from the 90s.”

            So, yeah, if Will is someone I want to be with eventually, I don’t see my sister as much of a threat.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Only Annie, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena