Wednesday, October 23, 2013

My Race



I feel like lately I’ve been pretty negative and drama-filled. I’m really sorry about that, it must seem like all I do is complain. So I thought instead, for today, I’d tell you guys about something I’m really excited about instead—I’m participating in a race.

Okay, it isn’t going to be that long, but it’s the first one I’m participating in, so it’s big to me. The race is a short, simple one, only a 5k, however considering before July I never really did any regular exercise, I’d say this is a pretty significant change for me. I’ve been getting up at 5 every morning (fine, almost every morning) for the past three months to train for it.

The reason I decided to do this race is because it’s to raise money for the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation. I’d been wanting to do something for my mom, something meaningful other than writing a check, and so when I saw this race, I signed up for it. I still have a few weeks of training, but I’m feeling good about it. I’ve gone from complete pain and confusion as to why anybody runs willingly, to less pain and understanding why some people like to run. I’m really hoping one day to do the 3-day walk for the cure, but we’ll see how I feel after just this one race.

Part of participating in the race was collecting donations, and considering the neighborhood I’m from and the people I work with, it was not hard at all to raise a bit of money for the race. But, if you have some spare money you would like to donate, then you can go here to donate to the Susan G. Komen foundation, since October is breast cancer awareness month.

So see? I still do have happy news.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Only Annie, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena