Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Ordinary Life



Well, last post was very dramatic, wasn’t it? I feel like so much has been going on, especially with him, with Fred, that my life seems like a soap opera. But other than the inner turmoil I’ve been experiencing since discovering Adam and Carrie were his family and then that he’s coming into town, my life has been pretty ordinary. I’m getting used to Hannah and Lucy as my roommates, but that’s not too hard to do. They’re both dedicated to their careers during the week, and on the weekend they let loose. This past Saturday I was dragged out to another club as the designated driver, and with the last post I had to write, part of me is still recovering from the weekend.

            But still, Hannah and Lucy have been great.

            Though Marie has been more demanding of me lately. She insisted that I work from home so I can help her out whenever she needs it, since she’s still getting morning sickness. At first I refused, but then I went to check in on her after work and found that my nephew had only eaten M&Ms that day. Marie would lay on the couch with a bag and give him some as he got hungry. Which, for a two-year-old getting fed M&Ms, meant he ate a lot of them.

            So yes, now I’m working from home three days of the week and popping in during lunch and dinner to make sure my nephew is eating properly, as well as Marie and Charlie. It’s made me work later into the night than I would like, but there’s no reasoning with Marie, and Charlie’s working all day.

            And there’s another thing about this arrangement. I took an hour out of my day to make dinner for Marie’s family, she insisted that I go home after I was done making it. Sure, Marie had paid for the food, but I put it together. A plate of spaghetti isn’t too much to ask for, is it? Well, Marie agreed to that, so she gave me a plate and told me to go back to my apartment. She wouldn’t let me stay. It's been the same thing all week.

            I hope this is just the baby making her crazy, because I don’t want this to be a permanent change.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Only Annie, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena